Ayre Acoustics Released The CX-8 CD Player
American audio company Ayre Acoustics released the CX-8 CD Player.
Ayre Acoustics introduces its new modular CD player, the CX-8. The CX-8 is part of Ayre’s Series 8 alongside the CX-7.
The CX-8 serves as an upgrade from the CX-7.
You will find that the CX-8 utilizes the ES9028Q2M DAC chip from ESS Technology. Unlike the C7 that runs on the Burr-Brown DAC chip. Here are some other features you should expect from the CX-8.
Features Of The CX-8 CD Player
- Zero-feedback, fully-balanced discrete circuitry
- Ayre custom digital clock
- Ayre’s Minimum Phase digital filter
- Single-pass 16x oversampling
- Ayre’s Diamond output stage
- Ayre’s exclusive Equilock gain stage
- Linear analog power supply
- High-speed circuit board material
- Optional digital inputs:
- Ethernet, Asynchronous USB
- AyreLink communication system
Ayre also announced that from Fall 2022, they would offer two retrofitted optional modules of the CX-8.
The first module is a USB audio input that allows you to use the CD player’s internal DAC for a music server or computer.
The second module turns the CX-8 into a full-fledged streamer that can play music from a local server, TIDAL, Qobuz and other streaming services via the Mconnect Control app, available for iOS and Android.
According to Ayre the network option makes the QX-8 compatible with the powerful music player and management software Roon.
Price Of The CX-8 CD Player
The basic version of the CX-8 retails at €6180 in silver or black.